Have you ever felt like you were alone as a single mom?
Do you wish that you could find help so that you aren’t doing everything by yourself?
Are you so exhausted that the thought of adding one more thing to your to-do list makes you want to shut down?
In this episode, special guest, Kaywanda Lamb (who received multiple degrees during her time a single mom) and I have a real conversation about what it is like to be a single mom and what that means for Building Your Support System As a Single Mom. This episode is Part 1 of a 2-part series.
In this episode we discuss:
- Building a support system even if you don’t live near friends or family
- Learning how to determine what your 24-hours will look like and then letting go of the rest or finding the help to get those things done
- Aisha even shares lessons she learned from a workplace bullying experience and how it impacted her approach to single motherhood and building her support system as a single mom
- Creating the space to find time to take care of yourself
- Bouncing back to becoming the you that you were meant to be
- Releasing self-judgment and judging yourself based on what you are “supposed to do”
- Setting boundaries in life
- Much more
Check out the podcast, hit subscribe, leave a comment, and share it with your friends!!
If you want to put the tips discussed in this podcast to work then download this free 21-day challenge to reduce the fear, worry, and anxiety in your life. Click HERE to join the 21-day challenge today.
Kaywanda Lamb is an author, speaker, blogger, soon to be podcaster, and The Winning Single Mom. Her journey to being a sought out speaker, encourager to single moms everywhere, and a transformational coach began when her boys were just 2 years old and 2 months. Kaywanda had a choice to make: to stay in a relationship that didn’t honor her or to raise her boys as a single mom. She decided to #doitanyway and has spent the last 15 years showing other women they, too, can parent, thrive, and win. She returned to college 4 times in that span, holds a Masters in Spanish Lit and is a certified principal. Her motto is “do it anyway!” because you can dream about it or you can be about it.
Kaywanda hosts a brunch series around the U.S. called Brunch and Love which includes a luxury brunch experience for single moms plus wisdom from today’s top relationship experts. Kaywanda believes women can chase their dreams and raise great children but single doesn’t have to be forever.
Aisha Taylor is a single mom of twins, personal financial coach, work from home entrepreneur, and #1 Amazon Best Selling Author of the book “5+5 FNPhenomenal Ways to Save $100 This Week Without Killing Your Lifestyle.” Aisha has been featured in ESSENCE, Jet Magazine, and Black Enterprise. She is also the Founder of FNPhenomenal (Frugal –n- Phenomenal), a movement designed to help single moms create a vision for their lives, craft a financial strategy to support that vision, and show them that phenomenal living is possible. It’s time for you to be Financially Phenomenal!