Do you have a son and are wondering how you can raise him to become a man?
Are you looking at the statistics about boys who are born to single moms and are wondering if your son will be ok?
Do you wish you had more tools to help you to better support your son?
I received a number of questions from single moms over in the Phenomenal Moms Facebook Group who were concerned that since they are single moms they couldn’t raise boys who would become amazing men. These moms had questions about what they needed to do to make sure that their boys grew into strong men who thrived. Therefore, I decided to invite Barry White, Jr. to the podcast to answer their questions. Barry serves as a mentor to boys and works with them to help them to develop the character and skills they need in adulthood. Barry also speaks to parents about how to better support their boys.
In this episode, Barry White, Jr. and I have an amazing conversation about the things that single moms can do to help their sons, better support them, and help them to grow into amazing men with good character who thrive.
In this episode we discuss:
- How communicating your financial situation with your children can help them to understand the difference between wants and needs, finding contentment, and to determine what is important and what isn’t
- Why you shouldn’t tell your son that he is the man of the house and what you can say to encourage him instead
- Creating responsibilities, rules, chores, and boundaries for your son
- Simple things you can do to help your son develop common sense and critical thinking
- Why finding mentors and positive role models for your son is important and how to find those people
- How to vet potential mentors, staying vigilant, and talking to your son about safety
- How to help your son express and identify healthy emotions
- How to teach your son financial literacy
Check out the podcast, hit subscribe, leave a comment, and share it with your friends!!
If you want to put the tips discussed in this podcast to work then download this free 21-day challenge to reduce the fear, worry, and anxiety in your life. Click HERE to join the 21-day challenge today.
About Barry White, Jr.
Barry White is an IT Director for the University of Illinois at Chicago. He was a participant in the inaugural Believing Bigger coaching group “The Twelve”. He spends his time as a trustee at his local church and being an accountability partner to others. He is currently working on his first book.
Aisha Taylor is a single mom of twins, personal financial coach, work from home entrepreneur, and #1 Amazon Best Selling Author of the book “5+5 FNPhenomenal Ways to Save $100 This Week Without Killing Your Lifestyle.” Aisha has been featured in ESSENCE, Jet Magazine, and Black Enterprise. She is also the Founder of FNPhenomenal (Frugal –n- Phenomenal), a movement designed to help single moms create a vision for their lives, craft a financial strategy to support that vision, and show them that phenomenal living is possible. It’s time for you to be Financially Phenomenal!