This week I had the pleasure of interviewing Stephanie Helms-Pickett, Director of the Women’s Center at Duke University. She shared her amazing journey and why having faith is so important. This interview is so impactful because Stephanie touches on so many topics that we all struggle with. She shares tips on how to relax more and enjoy the moment, how to listen to God and walk in his Word, frugal money tips, and even how to deal with judgmental people. No matter where you are in life right now, something in this interview will definitely speak to you.
Listen in iTunes
Listen in Stitcher
- Check your programming: Trust the wisdom inside of you and don’t believe what society tells you about who you need to be and what you need to look like. Learn how to affirm your own worth and reaffirm positive messaging. (Timestamp 6:32)
- How do you raise someone when you aren’t fully grown and are not ready to handle this responsibility as a single mom? (Timestamp 11:10)
- How do you deal with and handle the judgements of other people’s opinions? (Timestamp 13:30)
- How you recognize the signs and messaging that God is trying to tell you and direct you? (Timestamp 17:45)
- Learn how to slow down and start to relax. (Timestamp 21:07)
- How to be victorious despite your circumstances? Appreciate the journey and not just the end product. (Timestamp 36:55)
- Learn Stephanie’s favorite ways to be phenomenal without breaking the bank. She definitely shares ways to save money on clothes, entertainment, and many other things! (Timestamp 40:35)
About Stephanie Helms-Pickett
Stephanie Helms Pickett’s life has been reflected by Ephesians 3:20, “Now to him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we can ask or think, according to the power that worketh within us.” Reared in Chicago by her mom, her biggest inspiration, Stephanie fell in love with writing at an early age.
Dr. Helms Pickett holds a Bachelor’s degree in Radio & Television Broadcasting from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale; and a Master’s and Doctorate degree in Higher Education Administration from North Carolina State University. She is the Director of the Women’s Center at Duke University. Stephanie serves as the Coordinator of the Anointed Soles Dance Ministry at Wake Chapel Church, in Raleigh, North Carolina, under the leadership of Pastor J. Jasper Wilkins Jr. She is a member of the Chapel Hill/Carrboro Graduate Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. In August 2009 the Lord blessed her union to Charles Pickett, Sr,. Their blended family includes two young adults Charles Pickett Jr., Niani and their dog Diamond Star. They reside in Raleigh, North Carolina.
About the Host
Aisha Taylor is a financial freedom expert who brings a modern and fresh twist to wealth consciousness. Although Aisha had been well instructed in how to manage money, she fell into the trap of “keeping up with the Joneses” and had to develop a positive relationship with money in order to learn how to gain control of her spending, develop of blueprint for her life, put herself on the path towards financial freedom while still sustaining a high quality of life. Aisha’s true passion, however, lies in making a significant impact on the world community and is committed to changing lives daily by helping women to become phenomenal.
Help Spread the Word
If this episode has you excited to go out and Live Phenomenally, then please head to iTunes to subscribe, rate, and review. Alternatively, if you are listening via Stitcher, then please head there to subscribe, rate, and review. Thank you so much!!!
Ways to Subscribe
Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Looking for More Support
Head over to the Live Phenomenal Facebook Group to ask your questions and interact with a community of women who are committed to Living Phenomenally.
Aisha Taylor is a #1 Amazon Best Selling Author of the book “5+5 FNPhenomenal Ways to Save $100 This Week Without Killing Your Lifestyle”, the Founder of FNPhenomenal (Frugal –n- Phenomenal), and creator of The Live Phenomenal Program. The Live Phenomenal Program is a program designed to give you the tools that you need to totally transform your finances, and stop living from paycheck-to-paycheck. It’s time for you to be Financially Phenomenal! Book your complimentary 20-minute financial clarity session with Aisha here.