Alexis Sclamberg, one half of the Borrowed Wisdom duo, stopped by the Live Phenomenal Podcast this week to share her tips on living your authentic self. The thing that I love most about this interview is that she encourages the listeners to give themselves the space and time to heal from past hurt and to figure out what they truly want out of life. This is work that many people overlook so they end up living a life that is based on other people’s expectations and not aligned with their true purpose. I encourage anyone who is trying to figure out what they are supposed to be doing to listen to this interview, and then take that first step to stepping out into your purpose.
Listen in iTunes
Listen in Stitcher
- When you are upset or things feel rocky, take some time to be upset, recover, and do the things that you need to do for you. (Timestamp 9:10)
- Make choices that are in alignment with you. (Timestamp 10:10)
- “You can’t get what you don’t ask for, and you have to ask for what you want from the people who can give it to you.” Learn how this advice helped Alexis get a writing opportunity at a major magazine. (Timestamp 12:15)
- Money and living phenomenally are not connected. Learn what Alexis means. (Timestamp 17:10)
- “What you look for you find.” Learn how this can work both for and against you. (Timestamp 22:15)
- “Give yourself the space and time to figure out what would really make you feel good, and be brave enough to honor it and to act on it.” Learn what this means and how you can use this advice to break free from doing the things you “should” do based on other people’s expectations. (Timestamp 28:45)
- “This is your moment so live it the way that you want to and do what makes you feel good.” (Timestamp 30:10)
About Alexis Sclamberg
Alexis Sclamberg is a personal growth writer, speaker and the co-founder of Elevate Gen Y, a company that offers online programs and live events for women in their 20s and 30s to inspire and empower them to live happy, healthy, meaningful lives, and give back to their communities and the world. A former lawyer, Alexis has been called “the self-help voice of her generation,” and is the co-creator of the Borrowed Wisdom interview series and Manifestation Mastery class. She is at work on her first book, Borrowed Wisdom For Love and contributes personal essays to publications including Forbes.com and Cosmopolitan magazine, blogs for The Huffington Post, and writes for Women’s Media Center, Women’s eNews, Runner’s World, Hello Giggles, and others. Alexis is an Instructor at Barnard’s Athena Center for Leadership Studies and is an honored invitee to the Renaissance Weekend. She is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School and lives in San Francisco.
About the Host
Aisha Taylor is a financial freedom expert who brings a modern and fresh twist to wealth consciousness. Although Aisha had been well instructed in how to manage money, she fell into the trap of “keeping up with the Joneses” and had to develop a positive relationship with money in order to learn how to gain control of her spending, develop of blueprint for her life, put herself on the path towards financial freedom while still sustaining a high quality of life. Aisha’s true passion, however, lies in making a significant impact on the world community and is committed to changing lives daily by helping women to become phenomenal.
Help Spread the Word
If this episode has you excited to go out and Live Phenomenally, then please head to iTunes to subscribe, rate, and review. Alternatively, if you are listening via Stitcher, then please head there to subscribe, rate, and review. Thank you so much!!!
Ways to Subscribe
Looking for More Support
Head over to the Live Phenomenal Facebook Group to ask your questions and interact with a community of women who are committed to Living Phenomenally.
Aisha Taylor is a #1 Amazon Best Selling Author of the book “5+5 FNPhenomenal Ways to Save $100 This Week Without Killing Your Lifestyle”, the Founder of FNPhenomenal (Frugal –n- Phenomenal), and creator of The Live Phenomenal Program. The Live Phenomenal Program is a program designed to give you the tools that you need to totally transform your finances, and stop living from paycheck-to-paycheck. It’s time for you to be Financially Phenomenal! Book your complimentary 20-minute financial clarity session with Aisha here.
Reduce Your Grocery Spending
Enter your email address to get my proven, action steps to reduce your grocery bill and still eat healthy.