Gwen Jimmere is a single mom who owns an international business that she started from her kitchen. In this podcast she shares how she overcame divorce and getting laid off during her divorce to growing an international company. Her tips are practical for anyone interested in pursuing entrepreneurship as well as anyone who wants to build a career in Corporate America. One of the things that really stuck out to me in this interview was she said that because she chased her dreams and defined her own phenomenal, that she doesn’t have to tell her son that he can be anything that he wants, because he sees that he can be anything that he wants. Listen to this podcast to learn how you too can define your own phenomenal. [more…] Listen in iTunes Listen in Stitcher
- People put more into fear than what is really there. Usually the worst thing that someone can say to you is no. (Timestamp 10:40)
- How a relationship starts out is how it is going to be or it will get worse. Very rarely will it ever get better.” Learn what Gwen means by this in personal and professional relationships and why she thinks that this is important. (Timestamp 12:04)
- “Freedom and Happiness are the two tenants that I must have in my life.” Gwen advises people to figure out what will bring them the most joy so that they can live phenomenally. (Timestamp 14:50)
- Do self-reflection to see when you are most joyful. Figure out what you need and what is best for you. (Timestamp 18:00)
- Identify what makes you unique and remarkable. (Timestamp 21:05)
- Get out of your comfort zone. Get from behind the computer. Get out and meet people at conferences and networking events. (Timestamp 22:15)
Gwen Jimmere is the CEO and Founder of NATURALICIOUS, the first company to develop a complete, all-in-one natural hair care system proven and guaranteed to slash your wash day by taking you from wash to ready-to-style in just one hour or less. NATURALICIOUS was the only natural beauty brand invited by the White House to participate in President Obama’s Inaugural Ball, where her product line had the distinct honor of being included in all VIP gift bags. Gwen has been named one of Hello Beautiful’s 30 Entrepreneurs under 30; and Black Enterprise Magazine called NATURALICIOUS one the top six Black-owned beauty brands in the U.S. Gwen’s line can be found in Whole Foods stores across the country, as well as in other fine retailers in the U.S., Trinidad, and Indonesia.
Twitter: business – @naturalicious | personal – @gwenjimmere
Instagram: business – naturalicious1 | personal – gwenjimmere
Aisha Taylor is a financial freedom expert who brings a modern and fresh twist to wealth consciousness. Although Aisha had been well instructed in how to manage money, she fell into the trap of “keeping up with the Joneses” and had to develop a positive relationship with money in order to learn how to gain control of her spending, develop of blueprint for her life, put herself on the path towards financial freedom while still sustaining a high quality of life. Aisha’s true passion, however, lies in making a significant impact on the world community and is committed to changing lives daily by helping women to become phenomenal.
Help Spread the Word
If this episode has you excited to go out and Live Phenomenally, then please head to iTunes to subscribe, rate, and review. Alternatively, if you are listening via Stitcher, then please head there to subscribe, rate, and review. Thank you so much!!!
Ways to Subscribe
Looking for More Support
Head over to the Live Phenomenal Facebook Group to ask your questions and interact with a community of women who are committed to Living Phenomenally.
Aisha Taylor is a #1 Amazon Best Selling Author of the book “5+5 FNPhenomenal Ways to Save $100 This Week Without Killing Your Lifestyle”, the Founder of FNPhenomenal (Frugal –n- Phenomenal), and creator of The Live Phenomenal Program. The Live Phenomenal Program is a program designed to give you the tools that you need to totally transform your finances, and stop living from paycheck-to-paycheck. It’s time for you to be Financially Phenomenal! Book your complimentary 20-minute financial clarity session with Aisha here.
Reduce Your Grocery Spending
Enter your email address to get my proven, action steps to reduce your grocery bill and still eat healthy.